Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Yummy dessert during the hot summer months.
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 22 ounces mandarin oranges, undrained
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 24 ounces sour cream
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages instant coconut cream pudding mix
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- Preparations for crust:.
- In food processor, pulse dry ingredients until well blended. Cut butter into small pieces and add to processor along with almond extract. Blend all together in processor until a sandy consistency is reached. Press onto bottom of lightly greased 9x13 inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Remove from oven and cool.
- Preparations for filling:.
- Drain mandarin oranges, reserving ½ cup of syrup. In large bowl, combine syrup with sugar, sour cream and pudding mix; Fold oranges into pudding and spoon over cooled crust. Top with whipped topping, cover and chill for at least 2 hours.