Recipe by Benni
One of my many improvised sandwiches made from what I have lying around - I figured I'd start posting some of the better ones here for you to enjoy! :-)
Top Review by Izzy Knight
Yum! We had this as an open-face sandwich for lunch today. Very good combination with the orange and melted cheese. Topped with black olives and shallot vinagrette. Wonderful.
- 1 slice bread (a wide-slice variety is best)
- 3 slices roasted deli chicken or 3 slices turkey
- 2 ounces mandarin oranges, drained (half of a single-serving can)
- 1 tablespoon vinaigrette dressing
- 1 slice cheese
- 3 cherry tomatoes or 3 grape tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the slices of chicken or turkey on the slice of bread, preferably by folding them and layering them slightly.
- Put the Mandarin oranges on top of the chicken/turkey- the moisture should make them stay in place.
- Seat the tomatoes in the oranges so they don't roll off.
- Place the slice of cheese so it covers the oranges and tomatoes.
- Toast on meduim-light, or until cheese melts.
- Top with a vinagrette dressing and enjoy!