Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A very flavorful, quick dinner thats ready in 25 minutes. Sub shrimp for chicken if you like, I do!
- 4 cups cooked brown rice or 4 cups white rice, hot
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 3 teaspoons frozen orange juice concentrate
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 1⁄4 lb broccoli floret
- 1⁄4 lb carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1 small white onion, cut into 16 wedges
- 1 can water chestnut, drained and quartered
- 1 can mandarin segment
- 4 teaspoons slivered almonds
- While rice is cooking: Combine oj, soy sauce, cornstarch and garlic powder in a small bowl, blend well.
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium high heat.
- Add chicken and onion and stir fry for about 5 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add remaining ingredients except mandarine segments rice and cook for about 8 minutes.
- You want veggies tender-crisp.
- Around 6 minutes into cooking the veggies add the segments to heat through, but you dont want them broken up.
- Plate up on top of rice and sprinkle almonds on top.
I personally didn't care for this. It wasn't bad, but it's not something I would make again. It was the sauce I didn't care for. I did leave the mandarins in there too long, so if you decide to make this, you probably don't need to heat them up at all. just mix them in with the rest of the stir fry and they will warm up.
Quick, tasty, this was an excellent recipe. We enjoyed this dish very much. I think the next time I make it I will lengthen the sauteing time for the chicken to allow it to brown a little. I added the mandarin oranges at the last minute and just tossed to warm. Thanks for sharing this recipe.