I have had this recipe for many years, and do not remember where I originally got it. The dressing really sets the salad off, adding a wonderful sweet and sour tang to the salad. This salad makes an attactive, colorful place setting. Pleasing to the eye and palate. Preparation time does not include cooking the chicken.
- 3 cups cooked chicken (can buy canned)
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- mandarin orange
- slivered almonds
- lettuce leaf
- 2⁄3 cup salad oil
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- celery seed
- Mix the first 6 ingredients together.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together and chill.
- Serve on lettuce leaves.
- Decorate with fruit around the edges.
- Spoon salad dressing over the salad mixture when served.