Recipe by lauralie41
I recevied an email from Bisquick and this recipe was listed. It is quick and simple, 30 minutes and supper on the table.
Top Review by FLYing4Me
Instead of using the bisquick, I sauteed chicken in teriyaki sauce. Put the rest of the salad together as per recipe except I added some sliced almonds. Made a homemade asian dressing. The whole family loved it.
- 1⁄2 cup Bisquick baking mix, original
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (10 ounce) bag mixed salad greens, european or romaine
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange segments, drained
- 1 cup snow peas, cut in half if necessary
- 1⁄2 cup asian style salad dressing or 1⁄2 cup citrus salad dressing or 1⁄2 cup honey mustard dressing, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray. Combine Bisquick mix, sesame seed and ginger in a one gallon resealable plastic food-storage bag; mix well and set aside. In a small mixing bowl, mix together teriyaki sauce and oil. Coat well the chicken pieces with oil mixture.
- Place 6 chicken pieces at a time in bag of Bisquick mixture and shake until coated. Before placing on cookie sheet, shake off extra coating. Place chicken pieces in single layer on cookie sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Bake approximately 10-15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- In large mixing bowl, combine salad mix, orange segments and pea pods. Arrange warm chicken pieces on salad, drizzle with dressing, and toss to coat.