Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is one of my all-time favorite Pampered Chef recipes.
- 1 teaspoon fresh gingerroot, peeled and finely minced
- 1⁄3 cup rice vinegar or 1⁄3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 8 ounces dry bow tie pasta
- 1⁄2 cucumber, scored, seeded and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) package baby spinach leaves
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange segments, drained
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- For dressing combine gingerroot, vinegar, orange juice, vegetable oil, sesame oil, soup mix, sugar and garlic; whisk until well blended.
- For salad, cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse under cold water. Place pasta in a large serving bowl.
- While pasta is cooking, slice cucumber, dice bell pepper , and chop onion.
- Add cucumber, bell pepper, onion, spinach, mandarin oranges, chicken and almonds to pasta.
- Pour dressing over salad; toss well and serve immediately.
This is a perfect summer/no cook dinner. Made this for a farewell get together with friends before our move and it was great; even some of the kids ate it! It was nice also that there was not a mayo/creamy dressing so it was okay to serve on the patio poolside. Will be making this again during the hot summer months. Made for My 3 Chefs.