1/2 Photos of Mandarin Chicken Bites
A very impressive cold appetizer. The color of the oranges and spinach really brighten up a buffet table. My guests loved this appetizer and devoured them all. Adapted slightly from a Creme de Colorado cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 lb fresh spinach leaves, rinsed and stemmed
- 8 cups boiling water
- 2 (16 ounce) cans mandarin oranges, drained
- 1Cut chicken into 1-inch cubes.
- 2In a 10-inch skillet, combine chicken cubes, broth, soy sauce and Worcestershire.
- 3Heat to boiling over medium heat; cover, reduce heat, and simmer until chicken is fork-tender (about 10-15 minutes).
- 4With a slotted spoon, remove chicken from broth and let cool slightly.
- 5Place spinach leaves in a colander.
- 6Pour boiling water over leaves.
- 7Drain and set aside to cool.
- 8Place a cube of chicken at stem end of a spinach leaf and wrap leaf around chicken so that chicken still shows on sides.
- 9Secure end of leaf with a wooden pick.
- 10Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- 11(Recipe can be prepared up to this point one day ahead.) To serve, place one mandarin orange at the end of each wooden pick.
- 12Serve with Curry Mayonnaise Dip (recipe follows).
- 13Curry Mayonnaise Dip: Blend all ingredients and refrigerate to allow flavors to mature.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mandarin Chicken Bites
Serving Size: 1 (4190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 295.4
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 35.4 mg
- Sodium 1313.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 25.6 g
- Protein 18.8 g