Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is my take on the wonderful salad served at Panera Bread this spring. It's not a copycat. I just made it similar. Great for a spring/summer light meal. This recipe represents the light healthy cooking style typical of the Western U.S. region.
- 1 chicken breast half
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch fresh ground black pepper
- 3 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1⁄4 cup fresh hulled and quartered strawberry
- 1⁄4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1⁄4 cup canned pineapple chunk, cut in half
- 1⁄4 cup canned mandarin oranges
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons poppy seed dressing (I use the Panera Bread's fat free, sugar free dressing)
- Rub the chicken breast half with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Let rest while grill heats. Grill for a few minutes on a contact, stove-top or outdoor grill until cooked through. Let rest 10 minutes, and slice on the diagonal into thin slices.
- Meanwhile prepare salad. Place romaine in a medium size bowl. Top with strawberries, blueberries, mandarin oranges, pineapple and pecans.
- Place sliced chicken on top of salad, coat with poppy seed dressing, and serve with a chunk of French baguette.
This is very good! Very light and refreshing. I liked the Poppy seed dressing on it but next time I think I'll try Raspberry Walnut Vinagrette. Thanks :)
This is very good. I prefer textures of "crunch" rather than the softer pineapple and oranges, but the taste is excellent.