Recipe by JenSmith
This is great in the summer when you don't want to serve a heavy dessert or meal to your family. This recipe is very easy and requires no cooking.
- 1 large cantaloupe
- 1 cup strained orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- lime slice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the cantaloup in half and scoop out the seeds; discard the seeds.
- Use a melon baller or ice cream scoop to form the cantaloupe flesh into balls. Place in a serving bowl.
- Combine orange juice, lime rind, lime juice, salt and honey in a bowl. Mix this well and pour over the cantaloupe balls.
- Chill the cantaloupe mixture thoroughly, about 2 hours, in the refrigerator.
- Just before serving, sprinkle the coconut over the cantaloupe and garnish with thin slices of lime.