Recipe by Dee514
Posted in reply to a message board request. Mandarin-Almond Cake is a variation on a traditional Middle-Eastern cake. It is moist, delicious and quite rich. The absence of flour is not a mistake!
- 4 large eggs
- 3 large whole mandarin oranges (Clementines or tangerines)
- 1 1⁄8-1 1⁄4 cups ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Place mandarins in a saucepan, cover with water and boil for 1 hour.
- Leave to cool.
- On a plate, cut mandarins open, remove pips and place pulp and skins into blender.
- Process until smooth.
- There should be just over a cup of pulp.
- Beat eggs and sugar until thick and fluffy.
- Add mandarin pulp, almonds and baking powder.
- Mix well, and pour into a greased and floured 8 inch cake pan.
- Bake at 375°F for 1 hour.
- Cake will fall slightly in center.