Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a recipe I got from my boyfriend's mom! This is Weight Watcher's recipe. It makes 24 servings that are 2 points each!!
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, not drained (be sure to use juice)
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 4 egg whites
- 1 (8 ounce) carton fat-free cool whip
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 (1 ounce) package fat-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Mix together yellow cake mix, mandarin oranges and their juice, applesauce, and 4 egg whites.
- Pour mix in a 9 x 13 pan sprayed with PAM or nonstick spray and bake for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix together cool whip, crushed pineapple and vanilla pudding.
- Once cake has finished and cooled, use pineapple frosting to coat the top of the cake. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Good for a low fat cake.
I made this for Easter 09. My bf raved over it. I used an orange-flavored cake mix. I was not sure if I was supposed to drain the pineapple. I did. I was afraid the frosting would be too loose if I didn't. Next time I think I will take the reserved pineapple juice and drizzle it over the cake before I frost it. I spinkled a little bit of coconut over the top after frosting it. I also used fat free, sugar free White Chocolate flavor pudding mix instead of vanilla. Thanks for a wonderful recipe!
Very easy to prepare, & a delicious cake, to boot! I really liked the combo of oranges & pineapple! Definitely a cake I'd like to make again! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my teammates in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #18]