Magazine contest $200.00 Prize Winner for the "Spring Salads" category, April 2001. This was submitted by Maureen Scully, Grand Rapids, Michigan.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups mixed salad greens, torn
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, hulled, quartered
- 1/2 cup green onion, diced
- 1/2 cup rice noodles, canned
- 1/4 cup almonds, sliced and toasted
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange sections, drained
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons salad oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 ounces soft fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 1In a large bowl combine greens, strawberries, onions, noodles, and almonds; set aside.
- 2In a food processor bowl or blender container combine 1/2 cup of the oranges, coconut, honey oil, vinegar, ginger, salt, and pepper and blend until combined.
- 3Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat.
- 4Top with remaining oranges and the cheese.
Browse Our Top Strawberry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mandarin-Berry Salad
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 137.3
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 4.3 mg
- Sodium 260.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 12.9 g
- Protein 3.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed salad greens