Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Magazine contest $200.00 Prize Winner for the "Spring Salads" category, April 2001. This was submitted by Maureen Scully, Grand Rapids, Michigan.
- 6 cups mixed salad greens, torn
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, hulled, quartered
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup rice noodles, canned
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, sliced and toasted
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange sections, drained
- 1⁄4 cup flaked coconut
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons salad oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 ounces soft fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- In a large bowl combine greens, strawberries, onions, noodles, and almonds; set aside.
- In a food processor bowl or blender container combine 1/2 cup of the oranges, coconut, honey oil, vinegar, ginger, salt, and pepper and blend until combined.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat.
- Top with remaining oranges and the cheese.