Prep 40 mins
Cook 5 mins
Delicious mandarin beef.
- 11 ounces boneless rib eye steaks
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- oil, for cooking
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped dried tangerine peel
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce, extra
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornflour
- 4 tablespoons beef stock
- Place the meat in a bowl. Mix the soy, sherry, ginger, and sesame oil together. Add to the meat and toss well. Leave to marinate 15 minutes.
- Heat the wok until very hot, add 1 tbsp of the oil and swirl it around to coat the sides. Add the beef and stir-fry over high heat for 2 minutes, or until the beef is browned on all sides.
- Add pepper, dried mandarin or tangerine, extra soy sauce, and sugar. Stir-fry briefly.
- Dissolve cornflour in a little bit of the stock, then add to remaining stock. Pour the mixture into the wok. Stir until the sauce boils and thickens.
- Serve immediately.