Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon dried hot pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1⁄2 lb boneless beef sirloin, cut in thick strips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (8 ounce) can bamboo shoots, rinsed, drained, and cut into julienne strips
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, sliced
- 2 cups rice, cooked
- In a small bowl, combine all marinade ingredients; mix well.
- Add beef, stirring to coat. Cover. Marinate at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- In a 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add beef and marinade, and stir-fry until meat is no longer pink.
- Remove meat from skillet; set aside. Add vegetables. Stir-fry until tender-crisp.
- Return beef to skillet. Stir-fry until heated.
- Serve over rice.
I made this meal and enjoyed, but I wasn't awed by the taste. I ommitted the bamboo as I didn't have any, but the rest was added. My meat wasn't tender enough for my liking, but it didn't ruin the dinner...I might make agin, but I doubt it.