- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 (15 ounce) cans mandarin oranges, drained and chilled
- 1 head red leaf lettuce, torn into pieces
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn into pieces
- 1 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 (4 ounce) package sliced almonds, toasted (optional)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, add the first 5 ingredients; stir with a whisk until well blended.
- Add the mandarin orange slices and lettuce to the bowl, toss to gently coat.
- Sprinkle the bacon and toasted almonds into the bowl; toss gently to mix.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve immediately.