Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a nice zesty luncheon salad. From Southern Living.
Make and share this Mandarin-Bacon Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 (15 ounce) cans mandarin oranges, drained and chilled
- 1 head red leaf lettuce, torn into pieces
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn into pieces
- 1 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 (4 ounce) package sliced almonds, toasted (optional)
- salt and pepper
- In a bowl, add the first 5 ingredients; stir with a whisk until well blended.
- Add the mandarin orange slices and lettuce to the bowl, toss to gently coat.
- Sprinkle the bacon and toasted almonds into the bowl; toss gently to mix.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve immediately.
This one's good for my hundredth start on a diet this summer. I've been looking for another bathing suit in a catalogue. There should be a disclaimer, "Body Sold Separately".
Made this with Spring mix greens, omitted the bacon and oranges and used fresh raspberries instead. The dressing is simple and wonderful, not too sweet. Used Splenda instead of sugar. Will definitely make again. Thanks so much for posting.
I'm so glad I chose NurseDi in "Pick Your Chef"! This salad was a wonderful beginning to a super delicious meal. Very easy to make and was enjoyed by all. Thanks for a great recipe!