Recipe by Charlotte J
I have not tried this but it sounds so good that I wanted to add it to My Cookbook. So I'm guessing on servings and prep time.
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons cider or 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 cups torn lettuce
- 1 can mandarin orange, drained
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 2 green onions, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small skillet, saute sunflower kernels and almonds in butter.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil and the next six ingredients and shake well.
- In a large bowl, toss the lettuce, oranges, avocado and onions.
- Add the sunflower/almond mixture.
- Shake dressing well and drizzle over salad.