Recipe by GinnyP
Another Mandarin Almond Salad. Only slightly different from the one Inez posted. Can't go wrong with either one. This is good stuff!
Top Review by Amy D
Thanks Ginny for a great recipe. I served this to company and they finished off the bowl. The only thing I omitted was the red pepper flakes. This was so delicious, I can't wait to make it again.
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped,washed,and dried
- 2 (623.68 g) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 6 long stem green onions, finely chopped
- 118.29 ml sliced almonds
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 59.14 ml red wine vinegar
- 118.29 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 0.59 ml red pepper flakes
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the Romaine, drained oranges, and chopped onions.
- Heat sugar and almonds in a pan over medium heat until sugar melts and coats almonds; stir and heat until almonds are slightly brown.
- Turn onto plate and cool for 10 minutes.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a jar with a tight fitting lid; shake vigorously.
- Pour salad dressing over lettuce mixture; toss.
- Sprinkle with sugared almonds.