Prep 8 mins
Cook 0 mins
A very different salad that will have them asking for more!
Make and share this Mandarin Almond Salad recipe from Food.com.
- In a small skillet, melt 3 T sugar on low heat.
- Add almonds; stir until coated.
- Cool, break into small pieces and set aside.
- In a jar with tight lid, mix oil, vinegar, parsley, salt, pepper, hot pepper sauce and remaining 1 T sugar.
- Shake well.
- Combine lettuce, oranges, onion and almonds in salad bowl.
- Shake dressing;,pour over salad and toss.
Excellent Salad! It's a little bit out of the ordinary and it's very appealing to the eye. I have made this many times and have substituted both romaine and/or baby spinach with excellent results. It's great to take to a pot luck as well - just throw all the greens into a plastic bag and just before serving, toss in the almonds, mandarins and dressing. Give the bag a good shake and you're good to go. Thanks MizzNezz!
DH & I are in Dallas visiting *SusieQusie* & we had the pleasure of eating SQ's version of your salad w/a dinner meal. It is yummy good made w/broccoli slaw instead of lettuce, even better the 2nd dy & a great way to add veggies to a meal. Loved the dressing! Thx for sharing your recipe so we could share it here.
Outstanding salad! I lightened it some by using drained off mandarin orange juice to replace half of the oil. For the greens, I had part of a bag of broccoli slaw mix that needed using so I tossed that in with the lettuce. I halved the recipe for the 2 of us and we ate every last morsel. Thanks for posting this winner!