Recipe by mandabears
Better to use baby food for this spice cake instead of scraping it out of your hair when your baby spits it out at you. Really easy, moist spice cake. (can also make 4 small loaves)
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) box yellow cake mix, i use duncan hines
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 jars strained plum baby food or 2 jars apricot baby food
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (optional) or 1⁄2 cup pecans (optional)
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar, mixed with (optional)
- 1 lemon, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour a bundt pan, or 4 3x3" loaf pans, ot a 13x9" pan.
- Put all ingredients in large bowl and mix at medium speed until well blended.
- Pour into desired pan.
- Bake at 350 F until toothpick inserted into center comes out dry.
- 55-65 minutes for bundt pan, 20 minutes for small loaf pans, 55-65 minutes for 13x9" pan.
- Remove from oven.
- Remove cake from bundt pan onto cooling rack over a large plate and pour on glaze.
- Can keep cake in loaf pans or 13x9 pan and pour on glaze.
- If you don't want to use the glaze, you can sprinkle on confectioners sugar instead.