Recipe by CoolMonday
I haven't tried this one... I am posting it in response to someone looking for Manchurian Shrimp. I found it on thali.com.
Top Review by Memily Giraffe
Delightful! This was such a flavorful recipe - raves from the boyfriend. I didn't really end up deep frying the shrimp - I just sauteed it in the cornstarch/ginger/etc mixture to reduce fat. Delicious!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs shrimp (16-20 per pound)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped coriander
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- oil, enough to deep fry
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- 1 teaspoon chopped green chili
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash, peel and devein shrimp (leaving tail on gives more flavor).
- Place in large bowl.
- Mix in corn starch, ginger paste, garlic paste, pepper, salt, coriander and egg.
- Heat oil.
- Deep fry shrimp to golden brown.
- Spread out on paper towels to drain oil.
- Heat wok on high heat and add oil Saute chopped garlic, coriander, scallions and chilies for about two minutes.
- Add tomato paste, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, salt, pepper.
- Bring to boil.
- Toss the fried shrimp in the sauce.
- Remove from heat and serve.