Recipe by pammyowl
A classic British pudding, with a shortbread crust, custard and raspberry jam.
Top Review by Baby Kato
We loved this quick and easy to make treat. It was so refreshing and delicious. The coconut, custard, raspberry and shortbread compliment each other perfectly. I also had difficulty making the pudding, but it did finally blend after much effort, creating a lovely treat for the family. I used recipe #14561 for the shortbread crust, which worked beautifully in this recipe. I also toasted the coconut that I garnished the tart with.Thanks for sharing yet another wonderful recipe, you will be missed Pammyowl. Made for Pammyowl's Cookathon.
- 1 pint milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 tablespoons custard powder
- 4 ounces shortbread pie crusts
- 4 ounces raspberry jam
- 1⁄2 cup coconut, sweetened
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400 F.In a 9" cake pan , press shortbread crust evenly, prick all over with a fork, place foil on top, and weigh down with beads or pie weights. Bake "blind" ie. no filling, for 20 minutes. Remove from oven, allow to cool.
- Spread jam over the pastry base. Sprinkle half the coconut over the jam.
- Bring milk and sugar to a boil, remove and stir in custard powder, whisk until thick. Spread over the jam. sprinkle with the rest of the coconut. Let cool and serve.
- Time does noy include cooling time.