Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another piece of nostalgia from my schooldays, very much like a bakewell tart but using custard rather than frangipane. As the recipe requires custard powder custard instead of a full egg custard and bought pastry cases can be used, it is a very simple but tasty dish to put together. I make mine using gf sweet pastry Wicklewood’s Gluten Free Pastry but ordinary short crust pastry is fine,,, if using pre prepared pastry cases; don’t forget to omit steps 1-5
- 473.19 ml milk
- 113.39 g shortcrust pastry (or readymade pastry case)
- 44.37 ml raspberry jam
- 44.37 ml custard powder
- 29.58-44.37 ml desiccated coconut
- 29.58 ml sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C
- Roll out the dough and line a baking dish.
- Blind bake (prick with fork and place a piece of greaseproof paper with some baking beans on pastry).
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- Spread the jam over the pastry base, sprinkle with coconut.
- Boil the milk and whisk into the sugar and custard powder (follow manufacturer's instructions).
- Pour into the pastry case.
- Sprinkle with coconut
- Allow to cool before serving.