1/2 Photos of Manchego-Stuffed Dates Wrapped in Bacon (Tapas)
These are delightful, easy appetizers. Adapted from a recipe I found on www.wholefoodsmarket.com. As the recipe states, these are the perfect party starter served up with a glass of sparkling wine. These are also on the menu at a St. Louis tapas restaurant as a desert. . .interesting thought! These are very rich, so plan on 2 per person. One more note, these CAN be made without bacon if need be for a special diet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat broiler (high setting).
- 2Cut your cheese into small rectangles just large enough to fill the cavity of your pitted date.
- 3Stuff 1 piece of cheese into each date.
- 4Wrap each date with a piece of bacon.
- 5Place on baking sheet, seam side down, and broil for 4 minutes. Turn dates over and broil another 4 minutes.
- 6Serve hot.
- 7NOTE: you can put a toothpick in each AFTER cooking for the convenience of your guests (but they won't look as pretty).
Browse Our Top < 15 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 15 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Manchego-Stuffed Dates Wrapped in Bacon (Tapas)
Serving Size: 1 (22 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 76.6
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 5.4 mg
- Sodium 66.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 1.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: