Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is from Rachel Ray at foodnetwork.com. These are awesome anve been tweaked ever so slightly.
- 4 lbs baby red potatoes or 4 lbs baby yukon gold potatoes
- kosher salt, to taste
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter or 4 tablespoons unsalted margarine, cut into small pieces
- 3⁄4-1 cup milk or 3⁄4-1 cup cream
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded manchego cheese (About 3/4-1 lb of cheese)
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- chopped fresh parsley or snipped fresh chives, as garnish
- Halve large potatoes, small ones can be left whole.
- Place potatoes in a deep pot.
- Place lid on potatoes and bring them to a boil.
- Uncover, salt the water and cook until tender, 12-15 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and add back to the pot.
- Add butter, milk or cream and cheese and smash the potatoes to desired consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste; garnish with parsley or snipped chives.
These were great! I like the rich flavor the Manchego cheese adds to the mashed potatoes. I did add in some fresh chives. Thanks for a wonderful mashed potato recipe. Made for the August's Tag Game ~ El Queso ~ Spanish Cheese.