Recipe by Vanessa
Yup...another recipe from an old issue of "Vanidades"...lol! Old mags can be soo helpful sometimes! ;) The good thing about quesadillas is that they are soooooo versatile and flexible for cooking! They are sooo NOT time consuming and great when making breakfast for hungry ppl or short on time!!!
Top Review by Elly in Canada
A nice quick lunch DH and I enjoyed today. A very flexible recipe and great for using up some leftovers in the fridge. I served the quesadillas with some sour cream and a fresh salsa and added coriander. DH prefers a mild cheddar, I love manchego! Thanks for another nice easy recipe Vanessa7.
- 2 (6 inch) corn tortillas (6 in)
- 4 slices manchego cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sour cream (for each quesadilla)
- 1 teaspoon pico de gallo (for each quesadilla)
- cooking spray (PAM)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cover each tortilla with 2 slices of manchego cheese and fold them in half.
- In a large skillet, heat the cooking spray (PAM) and when it's hot enough add in your tortillas.
- Cook them for about 2-3 minutos on each side until they're golden brown and the cheese has melted.
- When they're done, put 1/2 teaspoons of sour cream over each quesadilla and 1 teaspoons of Pico de Gallo.
- Variations: prepare as indicated but you may add to the filling ham, veggies, shredded chichen, guacamole, chiles or even fruit! ;) Make it as you wish! Enjooooy!