Recipe by College Girl
A roasted garlic and red pepper relish replaces the usual pickle in this Spanish take on hot dogs. from Bon Appetit. AMAZING! These are super if you would like to do a grown up spin on hot dogs. Manchego is a Spanish cheese made from sheep's ml; available at some supermarkets and at specialty food stores.
- 2 heads garlic, larges with half inch cut off tops
- 5 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1⁄2 cup roasted red pepper, from jar drained and diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- coarse kosher salt
- 6 grilled hot dog buns or 2 half inch-wide pieces ciabatta, cut to length of hot dogs and split lengthwise
- 6 all-beef hot dogs, grilled
- 2 ounces manchego cheese, grated
- sherry wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Relish: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. place each head of garlic,cut top side up, in center of square of foil; drizzle each with 1 teaspoon oil.
- Enclose garlic in foil. Place packets on oven rack; roast until garlic is tender, about 45 minutes. Open packets; cool 15 minutes.
- Hot Dogs: Arrange buns on plates. Top each with grilled hot dog, then cheese, garlic, relish, and a drizzle of vinegar.