Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A salad with Spanish influences. From Whole Foods.
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 lemon, juice of
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 endive, rinsed, cored, cut into 1-inch pieces (red or green)
- 1 head red leaf lettuce, washed, dried and torn into bite-size pieces
- 3 braeburn apples or 3 granny smith apples, cored, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1⁄3 lb manchego cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3⁄4 cup salted marcona almonds
- Combine honey, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste and water in a small bowl. Gradually whisk in 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Taste and adjust seasoning, then set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss endive and lettuce with remaining tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside. In another large bowl, toss apple, cheese and almonds with the vinaigrette. To serve, place a mound of the endive-lettuce mix on a plate, then top with a few spoonfuls of the apple-cheese mixture. Repeat for other plates and serve immediately.