Recipe by Moor Driver
A little dish that's delicious and full of flavour in less than 30 minutes!
Top Review by Chef Kate
Delicious! Like the previous reviewer, I preferred the figs to chopped--easier to spread on crostini and easier to eat. The flavors are lovely; the scent is as well. Jars of this would make a lovely gift.
- 4 figs, cut into wedges
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 inch fresh ginger, grated
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 star anise
- 100 g manchego cheese
- 12 slices baguette, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 cup rocket
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the onion, sugar, spices, ginger and vinegar in a pan and cook together slowly until the onion is completely softened. Add the fig wedges and cook for another 5 - 10 minutes until the figs are just starting to break down.
- Drizzle olive oil over the baguette slices and grill/broil until toasted.
- Serve chutney over baguette slices, top with shaved manchego and a few rocket leaves.