I had just got home from work one afternoon, and was just sitting down to have a bowl of this "Italian Meatball And Potatoe Bake", that I got out of the new Pillsbury hamburger cook booklet(it was good), when I get a phone call from my mother saying that she wanted to have a BBQ the next day for the family that lives in the area. Only one catch, though...she wasn't cookin, lol. So I run out to the local Giant (I love the new one they built in my town), and started trying to figure out what I was going to make. This is one of the dishes. I'm very proud of it because I would consider it my best mac n' cheese recipe ever. I hope you like it! !!!P.S!!! Don't be scared to half the recipe. It will turn out fine! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs wagon wheel macaroni (You can use anything, but kids really like this pasta)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can low sodium chicken broth
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons powdered milk
- 2 teaspoons morton natural seasoning (or salt and pepper)
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3 cups cracker barrel extra-sharp cheddar cheese, grated (I used the whole stick of cheese, but I don't remember the ounces)
- 4 slices American cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1Cook the pasta until al dente' in boiling, salted water; drain, and set aset.
- 2Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, over medium heat, melt the butter.
- 3Add the flour and whisk for about 3 minutes, or until it smells nutty.
- 4Whisk in the chicken broth, milk, dry milk, seasonings, and dry mustard; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- 5Remove from the heat and whisk in the cheeses.
- 6Stir into pasta and serve**.
- 7**Tohave baked mac n' cheese: pour evenly into 2 9"-13" baking pans, sprinkle with more cheese (any kind will do), bake in a 350F oven for about 15 minutes or until the top is nice and bubbling.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Man That's Good! Macaroni and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (116 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 415.7
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 45.2 mg
- Sodium 284.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 18.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: