Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Quick way to have dinner cooking, while you do something else.Round steak can also be used, but may need pounding before searing.Have also added quick rice to this, just add a little extra cooking time, and more "juice".You can add extra spices, if you like; hot sauce could be added.
- 2 lbs chuck steaks or 2 lbs blade steaks
- instant meat tenderizer
- 2 tablespoons fat, for searing meat
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 green pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- Trim steak, and sprinkle with tenderizer.
- Brown on both sides in hot fat and arrange in a shallow casserole.
- Sprinkle with soup mix.
- Add bay leaf, sliced peppers, tomatoes and sherry.
- Cover and bake at 350* for 1 hour or until tender.