Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This recipe comes from the cookbook "Texas Blossoms". In order to get the full flavor marinate overnight. We like it served plain, but it's just as good served over buttered noodles. For rare only cook about 5 minutes and 10 minutes for well done. We also like to "kick it up" a bit and sprinkle with additional crushed red pepper after serving. You can mix it up the night before and you'll have dinner cooked the next night in no time - can't get any easier or quicker than that. Cook times include marinating time.
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, Minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless beef top sirloin steaks, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- additional soy sauce, for seasoning
- additional crushed red pepper flakes, for seasoning
- toasted sesame seeds, for seasoning
- In large zipper type plastic bag or large bowl combine 1/4 cup soy sauce, ginger, garlic, sugar, onions and crushed red peppers.
- Add beef to marinade and let sit at least 6 hours or overnight in refrigerator.
- Remove from refrigerator and drain thoroughly.
- While draining heat 2 tbsp oil in large non-stick skillet over high heat.
- Add drained sirloin and cook over high heat 5 minutes for rare and 10 minutes for well done.
- Place on plates and sprinkle with additional soy sauce and then with toasted sesame seeds.