Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Source: recipes4duhmmies Beeky Boaky
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 cups chopped apples
LUNAR LANDING ICING
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup oleo
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Beat eggs and oil till foamy.
- Add flour, soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Fold in rest of the ingredients.
- Pour into greased 9 x 13 x 2 pan.
- Bake about 40 minutes at 350 º F.
- blend all ingredients until creamy (add few drops of milk if necessary).
- Spread on warm cake.
This cake is a huge hit at my place. I've never tried making the cream cheese icing because I do not have cream cheese or even cheese for that matter. I do love this cake, though, and it always makes a great thing to take to get-togethers and potluck parties. A must try and enjoy recipe!