Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
an irish guy's crack at gravy. enjoy
Make and share this Man Made Meat Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 14 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 2 tablespoons basil
- 1⁄3 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 (4 1/2 ounce) cans mushrooms
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons salt
- in a large pot heat olive oil.
- add onions and simmer on medium heat.
- stir in garlic.
- add red wine and saute.
- in a seperate frying pan cook ground beef until no longer pink. drain.
- add ground beef to pot.
- add rest of ingredients, bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low and simmer for 2 hours.
This is fantastic meat sauce! We had it over spaghetti noodles for dinner tonight, and we plowed through our plates like we would never be able to have it again. I didn't make a single change to the recipe, made as written and so glad I did. 6 thumbs up from us here! Thanks for sharing Barry D. Made for Bargain Basement tag game.