Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
From my hometown community cookbook; given to me by my best friend. Called man dip because men seem to like it.
Top Review by gretchengr
This cheese dip is to die for. WOW!! I made this for Super Bowl Sunday and we keep running back to the crockpot during commercial breaks to fill up our bowls. I also used chopped fresh garlic in lieu of the garlic salt because this stuff is plenty salty. Full of meat and very cheesy. Thanks for another winner, Nurse Di.
- 1 lb bulk sausage
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt (I substitute 3-4 garlic cloves, cook in the skillet with the meats and onion)
- 2 lbs shredded Velveeta cheese
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 -2 jalapeno pepper, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook sausage, ground beef, and onion (and garlic) until meats are browned and onion is tender; drain off fat.
- Add remaining ingredients; cook over medium heat until cheese is melted and mixture is heated through.
- Serve warm with corn or tortilla chips.
- **I usually pour this into a crockpot, on LOW, to keep this warm when serving to guests.