Recipe by wife2abadge
This was in the Washington Post and I had to try it yesterday. OMG--talk about delish!
Top Review by momof2leos
I made these yesterday. I used 1 cup regular and 1 cup dutch process cocoa, for no good reason other than I wasn't sure which to use. These are perfect brownies. I'll never use another recipe.
- 12 ounces unsalted butter
- 2 cups cocoa powder, sifted
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Remove from the heat and add the cocoa powder, stirring to combine.
- Let cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs together, then add the sugars and vanilla, stirring to combine.
- Add the cooled butter-chocolate mixture, then fold in the flour and salt until just combined; do not overmix.
- Spread the batter evenly in a 9x13-inch pan that has been lined with parchment paper and sprayed with nonstick cooking spray, making sure the corners are filled.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes at 350 degrees or until a crust forms on the surface and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out mostly clean.