Prep 40 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a good, cheap soup that's tasty as well as filling. Simple to throw together, as well as delicious!
- 2 lbs potatoes, mashed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup sour cream (lowfat or fat-free works well, too)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- salt, to taste
- Saute onion and celery in oil until softened.
- Add mashed potatoes, stocks, parsley, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil.
- Simmer for at least thirty minutes.
- Stir in milk and sour cream.
- Allow to heat through before serving.
I'd give it 3.5 stars if I could. Followed the recipe with two exceptions: used all veg broth (opened a 4 cup box) & added the kernels of two ears of corn. To me it was too watery & bland. So, I added two heaping tsp Herbs de Provence, 2 T butter (melted first) & more salt & pepper. That got it into the ballpark. My husband really liked it but I'm still not sure. Perhaps next time I'll use all chicken broth (can't see opening two boxes and using half of each) but perhaps just 3 cups.