Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 3 oranges
- 1 lemon
- 2 limes
- 2 teaspoons garlic
- 1 (1 inch) piece fresh ginger
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 fluid ounces dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Remove the zest of 1 orange and the lemon.
- Juice the oranges, lemon and limes.
- Combine the juice and zest in bowl.
- Peel and mince the ginger root.
- Finely chop the onion.
- Add the garlic, ginger and onion to the citrus juices along with the cinnamon, paprika, sugar, salt, black pepper, nutmeg, wine and oil.
- Whisk to mix.
- Makes enough marinade for about 1½ pounds of chicken or game hens.