Recipe by Brenda in Winnipeg
This recipe comes from the Purity cook book. A member wrote and asked me for it so here it is. I love this recipe and still make it. Not ofter, though, because it is deep fried. The original recipe called for a few grains of Cayenne but I prefer to use 1/2 tsp of hot sauce.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
I love corn fritters though not so much the deep frying, but still I made this recipe pretty much as given! Did use just a dash of the hot sauce, however! Very, very nice tasting fritters, & I thanks you for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's round of Pick A Chef]
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon melted butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 eggs, beaten until light
- 1 1⁄2 cups cream-style corn
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Beat together eggs, hot sauce and melted butter.
- Add to dry ingredients and beat together well.
- Stir in corn.
- Drop by spoonfuls into preheated (375 F) oil and cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until nicely browned. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve hot with maple or pancake syrup and crisp bacon.