Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
This recipe comes from my Mom's mother, Mammy. I have been making this cheesecake since I was a teen. It is moist and creamy -- simply the best!
- 2 (8 ounce) packages Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sour cream
- Combine first four ingredients and whip into a custard-like consistency.
- Pour into an unbaked graham cracker crust and bake 15 to 20 minutes at 350 degrees. Remove from oven and let cool, at least 45 minutes.
- Combine the topping ingredients and pour over cheesecake "base" and return to the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Cool in the refrigerator overnight.
- Preparation/baking time does not include overnight cooling in the refrigerator.