Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Good apple crisp to have with ice cream
Make and share this Mammy's Apple Crisp recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups apples, sliced
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Arrange apple slices in an 8-inch square baking dish.
- Combine flour, sugar and butter.
- Mix with hands until small lumps form.
- Add nuts and sprinkle over apples.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until apples are tender and top is lightly browned.
- Serve warm or room temperature. Teri's Recipe Page Pennsylvania Dutch Cookery.
This was sooooooo Yummy!!! Thank you! I was looking for something feeling for a bed time snack. So I substituted quick cooking oat meal for flour and added 2 Tbs of cinnamon and 1 Tbs Pumpkin pie spice. I had to make a second batch because it was gone before I could get any lol. Thank you hun!
This was easy and my family and friends love the taste. I am making it again for our office Holiday Party. My family is hoping I will make enough for them too! This was great! Thanks.
It was really sweet with all the brown sugar maybe with the nuts it would help but didn't have the nuts to add. Needs to be eaten with ice cream.