Recipe by Sarah_Jayne
Another recipe from the 1980 version of the Grace Evangelical Congregational Church cookbook from Muir, Pennsylvania that was given to me by my Nana when I became an adult. This recipe was submitted to the cookbook by Ruth 'Mammy' Herb. Many of the recipes in the cookbook don't specify serving yield. This is one of those. So, I am guessing a bit in that department.
- 8 medium potatoes, peeled and cooked
- 8 celery ribs
- 1 large onion
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- 1⁄4 lb butter, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 0.75 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Dice potatoes, celery, onion and hard-boiled eggs.
- Mix together all the diced items except for the diced eggs.
- Mix together all the ingredients for the dressing except for the milk.
- Bring to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Let cool slightly.
- Add the evaporated milk.
- Pour dressing over diced vegetables and then gently stir in the diced eggs.
- Serve chilled.