Recipe by Sandra :-)
Spaghetti from my Mom's kitchen. The nice thing about this sauce is that it is easy to make and you can adjust it to your taste by adding herbs, ketchup, etc.
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 4 ounces tomato paste
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1 small green pepper (chopped) (optional)
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs ground beef
- mixed Italian herbs (fresh or pkgd. oregano, basil, etc.)
- 1 lb spaghetti
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef with chopped onion in dutch oven or large saucepan. Drain.
- Salt beef and onion while cooking.
- To the beef and onion, add tomatoe sauce and tomatoe paste, add water to somewhat thin consistency. Sauce will thicken as it cooks.).
- Stir well and bring to low boil, reduce heat and simmer for at least 1 hour.
- Cook spahgetti according to package directions.
- Serve sauce over hot spahetti. Garnish with salad and Italian bread.