1/2 Photos of Mammaw's Southern Style Potato Salad
Donna Luckadoo's Note:
My Mammaw's Recipe, and if you try this one you will make it again and again. It's so good! Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs idaho potatoes (peeled and diced)
- 1 cup sweet onion (finely diced)
- 1/2 cup celery (finely diced)
- 6 large eggs (boiled, dice only 4 eggs for the salad and slice and save 2 for the top.)
- 1/4 cup diced pimento (but adds color, it's not enough to add any flavor.) (optional)
- 1 cup sweet gherkins (diced) or 1 cup relish (diced)
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard (just for color, adds no flavor.)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 -1 1/2 cup Miracle Whip (depends on how thick you like it.)
- 1 teaspoon paprika (for the top.)
- 1Boil potatoes until they are tender but firm, do not over cook or the salad will be like mashed potatoes.
- 2Drain potatoes immediately and let them cool completely.
- 3Add (to the cooled potatoes) all other ingredients.
- 4Toss lightly until thoroughly mixed making sure not to mash the potatoes.
- 5Top the salad with the sliced eggs and sprinkle with Paprika.
- 6We love it while it's still warm.
- 7Refrigerate if you like it cold for 2 hours.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mammaw's Southern Style Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 254.5
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 118.2 mg
- Sodium 1107.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 12.4 g
- Protein 7.3 g