Recipe by Chocolatl
From Dom DeLuise. This can be served as an appetizer or a side dish. You can either chop the mushroom stems and add them to the filling, or set them aside for another dish.
Top Review by loof
We loved these terrific mushrooms! I used turkey sausage with good results. The addition of just the small amount of chicken broth seemed to keep the mushrooms from shriveling up. We enjoyed these as a main course with some pasta. Thanks for sharing a great recipe! Made for Spring Pick-A-Chef 2011
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 sweet Italian sausages, casings removed
- 5 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon grated cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1 egg
- 1 lb whole mushroom, stems removed
- 6 -10 tablespoons chicken stock
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Heat oil in a skillet and gently brown the garlic.
- Crumble the sausage into the pan and brown it.
- In a bowl, combine bread crumbs, cheese, parsley and egg.
- Add sausage to bowl and mix well.
- Fill mushroom caps with stuffing.
- Place mushrooms in a baking pan lined with foil.
- Add a little chicken stock to the pan to keep the mushrooms from drying out.
- Bake for 15-30 minutes, depending on the size of the mushrooms.
- Serve hot.