Prep 10 mins
Cook 24 hrs
My mother used to fix this for all occasions. It is so quick and easy to make, plus it has to be made the day before, so that will free up time the day of the party for other chores. It is one of my family's favorites. Cook time is refrigerator time.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (16 ounce) jar picante sauce
- 2 cans baby shrimp, drained
- assorted cracker
- Spray dish with Pam and spread the softened cream cheese in layer.
- Pour jar Picante Sauce over cream cheese.
- Sprinkle shrimp on top of Picante Sauce.
- Let sit in refrigerator over night.
- Take out and let set for a while before serving to allow cream cheese to soften.
- Serve with assorted crackers.
I haven't made this in years. Thanks for reminding me about it. You can do the same thing using cocktail sauce instead of picante.
Yeah baby... that's the stuff I'm talking about. Do you want to be a hit at parties this summer? Then bring this recipe along. It's up to you if you want to share with everyone where you got this fantastic appetizer. You will be a hit and everyone will beg you for the recipe. It's very simple to make and you can even bring it to a beach party.
I needed something to bring to my friends house for an outing, and decided to try my hand making this. I used cleaned and deveined fresh shrimp instead of the canned shrimp, but otherwise made the same. I used Medium Hot Pace Picante, as I love the chunks of tomato and flavor of the Medium salsa with the cream cheese. I arranged everything on a small platter and put bagel chips and pita chips around the edge for dipping. Everyone dug in and went nutso moaning with every bite! What a hit it was!