Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is so good. But prepare to take a walk to justify it!
- 118.29 ml real butter, no substitutes
- 473.19 ml heavy whipping cream
- 2.46-4.92 ml garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 0.25 ml cayenne pepper
- 158.51 ml grated not shredded parmesan cheese or 158.51 ml romano cheese
- fettuccine, cooked
- 4.92 ml chopped fresh parsley (to garnish)
- 226.79 g cream cheese (this is optional, I add it at the end to thicken it up)
- In sauce pan melt butter and stir in heavy cream.
- Add garlic, salt and peppers.
- Simmer for 20 minutes over low heat stirring constantly. If you are using the cream cheese, put it in at this point stirring till melted.
- Remove from heat stir in cheese and serve with noodles adding parsley to garnish.
- We also serve this with baby shrimp or grilled chicken.
I've been making it this way for years. I tend to add a splash of white wine and a very inportant addition is a little bit of nutmeg. It rounds out the flavours and you will really notice an improvment. Just a bit though as it is a strong flavour. This is not a recipe for someone watching the waist line!!!
Yum...this was soooo good!! I used half & half because that was all I had and it still came out thick using the cream cheese. Thanks for sharing..this one's a keeper!
Great, I've never made Alfredo before. I did add @ 1/3 brick of cream cheese. Added some leftover smoked chicken and some broccoli to those who like it. Will make again!!