1/3 Photos of Mamma's Fettuccine Alfredo
This is so good. But prepare to take a walk to justify it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup real butter, no substitutes
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1/2-1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 2/3 cup grated not shredded parmesan cheese or 2/3 cup romano cheese
- fettuccine, cooked
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley (to garnish)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (this is optional, I add it at the end to thicken it up)
- 1In sauce pan melt butter and stir in heavy cream.
- 2Add garlic, salt and peppers.
- 3Simmer for 20 minutes over low heat stirring constantly. If you are using the cream cheese, put it in at this point stirring till melted.
- 4Remove from heat stir in cheese and serve with noodles adding parsley to garnish.
- 5We also serve this with baby shrimp or grilled chicken.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mamma's Fettuccine Alfredo
Serving Size: 1 (147 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 881.6
- Calories from Fat 821
- Total Fat 91.2 g
- Saturated Fat 55.8 g
- Cholesterol 301.1 mg
- Sodium 685.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 12.5 g