Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Fantastic hot or cold. It doesn't last long. Next time I will double the recipe and freeze one loaf. I topped the meatloaf with 1/4 cup pasta sauce before cooking and added another 1/4 cup during the last 15 minutes. I used leftover ham but Coppacola would be even better.
- 4 ounces mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 4 ounces frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and squeezed dry
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 ounces provolone cheese, diced (about 1/4 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup cooked ham, diced
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Brown mushrooms in oil.
- Combine with remaining ingredients.
- Place in a 9x5 inch loaf pan and bake 1 hour.
- Let rest 10 minutes before serving.