Recipe by pines506
This came from our local newspaper years ago -- supposed to be Mamie Eisenhower's Fudge recipe.
- 4 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (13 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate bits
- 12 ounces sweet baking chocolate, cut up
- 2 (7 ounce) jars marshmallow creme
- 2 cups chopped nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 4 qt heavy saucepan over medium high heat, stirring constantly, bring the sugar, salt, butter and milk to a fast boil.
- Boil 6 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Off heat, add the chocolate and marshmallow creme; stir vigorously and speedily until chocolate is melted and mixture is uniform color.
- At once pour in nuts and pour into a buttered 9 x 13 pan.
- Refrigerate until firm enough to cut into squares or bars.
- Wrap well and store in refrigerator.